2017-06-26  

Обява ...

ОБЩИНА ПИРДОП организира по повод летния празник на града Турнир по мини футбол за купата на Община...

2017-06-21  

Празник на с. Душанци -...

ПОКАНА ПЕТРОВДЕН - ПРАЗНИК НА ДУШАНЦИ 2017-06-21 ...

2017-06-21  

Откриване на футболно игрище в...

ПОКАНА Официално откриване на футболното игрище в с. Душанци 2017-06-21 ...

2017-06-26  

...

ОБЯВА ЗА НАБИРАНЕ НА ДОБРОВОЛЦИ 27.06.2017г. На основание чл. 41 от Закона за защита при...

2017-06-26  

Забрана за къпането през летния...

Със Заповед №271/23.06.2017 г. на Кмета на община Пирдоп се забранява къпането през летния сезон...

2017-06-23  

Редовно заседание на ОбС -...

На 29.06.2017 г. от 17.30 ч. в лекторията на НЧ „Напредък" ще се проведе редовно заседание...

 
 
 

The only one in Bulgaria school-monument is built in Pirdop (72, Tsar Osvoboditel Str.) initiated by the local government. It is located in the main street of the town and has a large yard which includes the spot where on 3 January 1878 the local people welcomed the Russian army which liberated the town from the Ottoman rule in 1878. For its construction a special initiative committee was formed: chairman - Spas Marinov, mayor of Pirdop; secretary - Tseno Neichev; treasurer - Todor Botev; members - Ivan Gaidarov, Peter Grigorov, Simeon Savov and Philip Philipov. The building of the school was important for all the people of the town. Before the construction work started it was announced that it would be a school-monument in memory of those local people who died for their fatherland in the wars of 1912-1913 and 1915-1918.

The necessity of building a new school was consequence of the fact that the other two schools, "Sv. sv. Kiril I Metodi" (built in 1862) and "Neofit Rilski" (built in1888), were too small for the increasing number of children.

 

The building began on 11 March 1932. It was done by the contractor from Gabrovo Vasil Filev who hired master builders from Gobrovo and Sevlievo and technical supervisor was architect Peichev. The building cost approximately 3 million leva - 1 100 000 were from the municipality, 1 500 000 were a loan from a state fund for school building and 400 000 were from donations of the citizens.

In the beginning the school was intended to have three storeys, three wings, a huge gym and 29 metres high clock tower. But later the committee gave up the idea of the west wing, the gym and the clock tower because of shortage of money and that saved around 1 800 000 leva.

The real construction work began in May 1932 and on 10 July 1932 there was an official ceremony in the presence of Rashko Madjarov (MP from Pirdop), Sava Chukalov (Ministry of Education), Spiridon Markov (mayor) and almost all local people. Congratulatory letters were sent by Tsar Boris III, lieutenant-general Kisyov (Minister of War) and Dr. Haralampi Genchev.

By the end of the autumn of 1932 the construction was completed. The interior and the furniture were ready in August the following year. Five huge memorial tablets made of marble with the names of all the people who had died in the wars were put at the entrance of the school.

The school classes in the building began in September 1934 and the school monument was given the name "Todor Genchov Vlaikov" on 10 February 1937 as a resolution of the Teachers' Council. At that time the head teacher of the school was Dimitar Neov.

Now the school is a Primary school with 27 teachers.