2017-04-28  

Посещение на ученици от ПГМЕ...

Посещение на ученици от ПГМЕ На 27.04.2017 г. група ученици от Професионалната гимназия по механо-електротехника посетиха...

2017-04-27  

Покана за благотворителен спектакъъл ...

"ДА УБИВАШ Е ТРУДНО" БЛАГОТВОРИТЕЛЕН СПЕКТАКЪЛ ...

2017-04-26  

РЗИ: Превенция на хроничните незаразни...

Информация за подобряване здравето на населението Във връзка с дейностите на РЗИ - Софийска област по...

2017-04-24  

Покана за редовно заседание на...

П О К А Н А На основание чл.23, ал.4, т.1 от Закона за местното самоуправление и...

2017-04-13  

Покана за извънредно заседание на...

П О К А Н А               На основание чл.23, ал.4, т.1 от Закона за местното самоуправление...

2017-04-13  

Покана за извънредно заседание на...

П О К А Н А               На основание чл.23, ал.4, т.1 от Закона за местното самоуправление...

 
 

Bobyovitsa is a wide area of virgin forest in Sushtinska Sredna Gora where small predatory animal such as martens and wild cats live. During the Revival period there was a gunpowder works in this sunless place - remains of it can still be seen today.

River with the same name flows through the area. It takes its source in Manzul and Konska areas in Sredna Gora. It is left tributary of Topolnitsa river. There are seven very beautiful waterfalls in the upper course of the river. A hiking route from Pirdop to Bobyovitsa leads to "Pavel Deliradev" lodge. It takes about 5 hours.

Zlatyovitsa is a wide rough land with pastures in Sredna Gora near to Pirdop, Doushantsi and Koprivshtitsa. Prof Peter Mutafchiev found eight tombs and ruins of a fortress in the area.

Historians think that in December 1443 King Vladislaus III of Varna tried to pass through the area on his way to Strelcha and Plovdiv but was driven back by the Ottomans. That is confirmed by the fact that remains of an ancient Roman road to Philipopol (Plovdiv) and Augusta Trayana (Stara Zagora) can still be seen today in the area. This is the shortest and the straightest route from Sofia to Thrace. Leonid Dukas mentioned it in his chronicle. He came to this area in 1455 as a leader and interpreter of Domeniko Gatiluzio, a Genoese Knyaz who came here to pay his respects to sultan Mehmed II.

Kazanite is a beautiful rocky area at the source of Elenska river in Stara Planina Mountain. In the upper course of the river the water passes through 17 small waterfalls which have formed holes in the rocks - the so called whirlpools which look like cauldrons ("kazan" in Bulgarian) which gives the name of the place. There are remains of fortress's walls on both sides of the river probably from the medieval monastery "St. Ilia" (St. Elijah). A legend from 15th century tells that during the Ottoman invasion the monks from the monastery hid the treasures of the monastery in the cauldrons of the river.

Czechs field is a field at about 2 km. northeast of Pirdop. The place name probably comes from the Crusade of the Polish-Hungarian King Vladislaus III of Varna in 1443. His army comprised of Polish, Hungarians, Czechs, German, and Serbs.

Another hypothesis is that the place name comes from the Bulgarian word for dog - "pse" and must be pronounced "Pcheshko" (infertile and wild land) but is pronounced "Cheshko"(which means Czech) because of the dialect.